The Decalogue of “Slowing down” in a City
KA 229 SCHOOL EXCHANGE PARTNERSHIP
COOPERATION AND INNOVATION AND THE EXCHANGE OF GOOD PRACTISES
SLOWING DOWN- A New Face of European Education
Greece, March 2019
Common rules for all Erasmus+ participants after the mobility in Thessaloniki-Greece
1. Slow down in your life. Don’t let time stress you and enjoy each moment. Allow
yourself to take breaks.
2. Walk and perceive what surrounds you. Collect memories by taking pictures and
writing down notes.
3. “Open” all your senses to feel life.
4. Focus on people; be open towards them and other cultures. Talk to them and learn
from them. You will see that, beyond other things, your English will be improved, too.
5. Explore your city on your own, just by walking. You will find out that, at the same time,
you are learning its history.
6. Hang out with your friends and make new ones. Company soothes stress and sweeps
negative feelings away. Learn how to communicate, be socialized, patient and tolerant.
7. Do activities that make you feel relaxed and try to have fun. Do sports, dance and sing
each time you are given the opportunity.
8. Try to do more outdoor activities. Take deep breaths and make positive thoughts. Try
always to see the glass half-full.
9. Appreciate nature and enjoy it. Spend time within it and learn from nature by
observing it closely.
10. Advance your creativity through Workshops. You can learn about art, science, history
and even more by taking part in them.’t